Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I HAVE ARRIVED!



I am finally here. I have had almost a week to acclimate, but I don't think I am "there" yet. I have yet to sleep through a whole night. This photo was taken on Saturday, the day after I arrived, by Alena, a colleague at the Gymnasium.

How do I describe my first 6 days? Well, the words on the barrel behind me in the photo say, "Zatec, where beer is at home." I have to say that I have found out first hand the truth of that statement! I arrived on Friday night and went to a beer fest on Saturday night! They do make fine beer here.

I am meeting new and interesting people every day. Jiri's (my exchange partner) friends, family and colleagues have been wonderful. They help me to feel at home here--and keep me entertained.

My challenge is to learn more Czech! I had hoped to study before I arrived, but that didn't happen much. And I have yet to sit myself down with the books after arriving here. There is so much to say, but I just got my nails done--an adventure in itself. And I have to rest before I go off to Prague to see Hamlet, the Musical--in English. Should be interesting. I can't wait to see the CITY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home