Thursday, September 01, 2005

Another fine day...

[I wrote this yesterday, but couldn't post due to technical difficulties=) ]

Day 12, and I still like Zatec! Haha! I walked along the river today with Jana, a former student of my exchange partner. It was good. She is a lovely girl--young lady--studying to be a dentist.

My day started in the usual way: I woke up very early (we'll see how long I keep THAT up) and after I spent some time on the computer, I went to work for a few hours. I was in a good, happy mood all day. I have moments of worrying what I will be able to accomplish in my classes, but they don't get me down, really. I get up early, and I am OK with that, but after I come home from school, I have to have a nap--for which I am being teased on a daily basis. But I'll have you know i am NOT the only napper in Zatec (am I Bo?). And I hear my exchange partner, Jiri, was quite the napper as well. I am filling his shoes admirably!

I saw some of the usual suspects (Ondra, Bo, and two others whose names I don't remember. Sorry) in the usual place for lunch (I already have a usual place hehehe), and afterward went on my walk with Jana. It was another hot day, and I was dressed inappropriately, again. She was really sweet, and being a girl, gave me the skinny on some of the places to go for nails, waxing, etc. VERY important stuff!

I spent the evening with my exchange partner--Okay everyone has to remember his name JIRI, so I can stop writing "my exchange partner"--Jiri's parents, and THIS time I remembered to bring my dictionary, so I am sure we understood each other much more than previous visits. We ate outside in the garden, and talked a lot. I even played with the dog, Sara, who is really sweet (despite my usual aversion of pets).

Overall, a very pleasant day right from the start. School starts tomorrow...and only 2 more days 'til Beer Fest! More photos coming soon; I think I'll show you some Prague Modern Art! =)

KM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home