Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Banska Bystrica

DSCN2501.JPG
Front:Mike and Susan, Srdjan, Kate; Middle: Marc, Michael (Birthday Boy), Charles, Michael from Presov; Top: ME! =)

All of us gathered in Banska Bystrica for Michael's birthday bash. It was a goooooood time. So nice to see everyone, meet some new people and just hang. I got to see another part of Slovakia--my second weekend in a row in the country. I flew into Blava and took a train for over three hours to Banska, so I saw a lot of the passing country. Yep. It was a nice ride. I was with Charles, Marc, Emma, and Calla (2.5 years old) whom I met at the train station in Bratislava. Talk about planes, trains and automobiles!

DSCN2553.JPG
The main square in Banska. The main squares in towns are often very pretty--the nicest part of the town, even. This one is no exception.
DSCN2557.JPG

DSCN2474.JPG
Cheese!

DSCN2451.JPG
I said we came for a birthday. This is from the actual party. It's a little fuzzy, but I like the light.

DSCN2542.JPG
Ditto.

DSCN2453.JPG
A LOVELY AND DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN FEAST!
DSCN2454.JPG

DSCN2519.JPG
Church tower. I think it was a church.

DSCN2492.JPG
Definitely a church!

DSCN2513.JPG
The cemetery occupied some prime property. Up on a hill. Nice views of the city.

DSCN2507.JPG

DSCN2514.JPG

RSCN2560.JPG
This house was...different. You can't not notice it!! =) It made me happy, though, to see that SOMEBODY was willing to do something different, to stand out.

DSCN2529.JPG
We all went to the station to see Srdjan off.

DSCN2527.JPG

Going, going, gone. Train tracks fascinate me. I think of all the places they can lead to, all the journeys past and future. All the possibilities. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home