Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Oktava School Leaving Party

When the graduating classes finish their exams, they have a school-leaving party at the school. I missed the Year 4 party =( because I was it was on a Saturday, and I was in Prague with Michael, but Oktava had their party on a Tuesday, so I made it. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera. The battery was near dead, and I didn't plan accordingly, so there was no time to charge it.

All that said, it was a really good time. I know it is June, but they built a fire (and btw, it was cold out, so we needed it to keep warm!), and there was food and drinks, singing along with a guitar, and much lively conversation. I really, really enjoyed myself with them.

It is the times like this that make teaching most interesting. I really like seeing who my students are outside of class--as regular people, and if I wasn't a teacher, I wouldn't have the opportunity. I have to admit that Oktava was NOT my favorite class at times. However, they are interesting and pleasant people. I had many warm feelings about them during their party, and I think I will miss them a lot. I wish them all the best of luck, and I hope they will keep in touch.

KM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home