Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Saturday continues...

DSCN0909
After I returned to Zatec, I went out to see a soccer match with Irena, another colleague from Gymnazium. She was more fun than a barrel of monkeys! We tried some local specialties and the pub...a little beer, a little Becherovka, a little tlacenka--Boy did I LOVE it!! Becherovka is a liquor made in Karlovy Vary; Tlacenka is some kind of pork meat with onions and vinegar. A big hit with me!

I met Irena's father and husband. They were jolly people. Great to be with. Her father liked me very much, and was very dapper.

Irena was fun to talk to. She is very spirited and says what she thinks! It was the first time I had spent more than a few minutes talking with her, and I enjoyed it immensely. In fact, I will see her later today!

KM

Oh yeah, there WAS a soccer match going on too. I think the proper team won. I know the score was 4-1, and most people seemed happy, so...

DSCN0914
I stopped paying attention for a minute, and when I looked up, the field was like this...

DSCN0911
But I did notice this pretty tree. (I am such a girl sometimes!) We do have trees that change colors in LA, but not in the number they are in here. Practically a whole forest of them on the way to (and right around) Krivoklat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home