Tuesday, April 18, 2006

9 Days Home--Ren Faire

DSCN2861.JPG
Front of Faire.

I have been coming to the Renaissance Faire every year for a few years now. I even went three times last year!! AND I have my own costume! It's a fun day of entertainment, food, games, shopping--what more can a girl want?! It is a lively event--and I mean full of life! It was the first day of the Faire (the day after Mrs. Harajdova and I arrived in LA) so it wasn't fully revved up yet, but I think both Jiri and his mom enjoyed and appreciated the event. And the weather was beautiful!

DSCN2831.JPG

DSCN2835.JPG
Actors--FUN-ny! Penitent prayers: "Always do good, and never do bad. Always treat your neighbor as someone who lives close to you..."

DSCN2836.JPG
The Puritans--egging her on!

DSCN2854.JPG
Me and my exchange partner.

DSCN2857.JPG
Hidden talent

DSCN2859.JPG
And he got a bull's eye!

DSCN2845.JPG
My Mom!

DSCN2843.JPG
Me and the moms hanging out in the most comfortable chairs ever. I swear, the minute I have a decent place to hang one, I am buying one--or two!

DSCN2841.JPG
Put both feet up, Mom. Relax!

DSCN2849.JPG
THE RELUCTANT PHOTOGRAPHEES =)
DSCN2830.JPG

DSCN2853.JPG
The Jousting competition. =)

DSCN2848.JPG
God save the Queen!

I see some of the same actors here every year, including our beloved Queen Elizabeth I.

DSCN2856.JPG
I also love these little details. They are the funny little things that make it all come together. The smallest things count for so much. Nice day. Way to kick off the trip!

KM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:34 PM  
Blogger KAM said...

Happy now, Mr Anonymous?

2:13 PM  
Blogger Britt said...

you're back?!

yay!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home