Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wine Tasting in Chomutov

RSCN2824.JPG
The whole group

DSCN2802.JPG
"So I went to the White House--again; and I met the President of the United States--again..."

My third wine tasting trip in CZ. And I will do it again, if I get the chance! It is fun. This time, it was a group of teachers from Gymnazium, AND it was the night before I was to fly off to LA for 9 days. We took a bus (a private one) from school to Chomutov-- nearby town, and enjoyed a private tasting in the area's only wine cellar ( I believe). This is not a grape-growing area, so the grapes--no, no the wine--is brought here for aging and bottling. I think that is right.

You know how you hear things and you swear you will remember them? And then you don't remember them--even when you aren't drinking a few glasses of wine (which, of course, in this case I was). But then you never learn to make arrangements for keeping all the information straight? Yeah...anyway. I am pretty sure that I am right about the info here. That's my story and I am sticking to it. I am not a journalist. =) This is personal experience. Yep.


DSCN2807.JPG
Irena

DSCN2806.JPG
It was kind of cold in the wine cellar. Can you tell??

DSCN2805.JPG
Alena

DSCN2816.JPG
"Learning" about the wine


DSCN2812.JPG
Nice bits of decor around, and it did not go unnoticed by ME! =)

DSCN2814.JPG
Crest

DSCN2809.JPG
Iron man
DSCN2828.JPG
The painting. Very cool.

I don't even remember what time I got home, but I taught school the next morning at 8 and managed to make my flight to LA, so all is well in the land of Ky. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home