Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Talk about efficient!


DSCN0452
Originally uploaded by Travelinfool.
This was the door to my room (office) as I saw it during my first visit to Gymnazium. I was impressed!

Have I mentioned how much I love my schedule there?? It is very flexible. Two long days, two days where I start after noon, and one day where I start at 8am and finish at 9:30am. ThatÅ› Friday. They wanted to make it easier for me to travel. Is that considerate or what?!

The different schedule on each day satisfies me. I hate doing the same exact thing every day--it bores me.

I see most of my students once per week, some once every other week, and one group four days per week. That was an adjustment--still is, actually. I have to think about lessons differently. I am working on it.

Yesterday, before I left to come to Prague, where I am as I write this, I was observed by some school inspectors. Right before the class began, I was asked if it would be okay for them to come and watch my lesson. I was a bit nervous, but of course I said yes.

I did my best, despite the nerves. ItÅ› all I could do. It seemed to go well. The feedback I got was positive, and the principal was happy. So, I was happy about it (after it was over).

Now in Prague for the week for Fulbright Orientation. Will write about THAT later!

KM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home