Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Theatre!

DSCN1238.JPG

So, after much anticipation and a love-affair with the song, "The Music of the Night," I finally got to see The Phantom of the Opera! Maurice was such a sport to go with me when he'd already seen it a bunch of times! I still regret that I had the chance to see it in Los Angeles during its EXTREMELY long run with Michael Crawford as the Phantom, and yet I never got around to going. LAME! But...seeing it in London is not a bad make-up. It's been running here for 19 years! As long as Maurice and I have been friends! I just realized the coincidence. =)

I think "The Music of the Night" has got to be one of the most beautiful songs ever--on its own, even if one never saw the show. It is a special song for me, one that I will always love, I think. It just came on (as it is on my current iTunes playlist) as a matter of fact.

I don't want to be a theater critic here, so I will simply say that I DID like the show. I had no idea of the actual storyline or anything, so it was all fresh to me. I rented the movie tonight and will probably watch it tomorrow. Just to compare and remember. =) It was a really special experience. Thanks Maurice!

DSCN1239.JPG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home